Friday, December 3, 2010

Ok... so what did I miss?

Yeah, I wish
No, I wasn't lying on a beach somewhere while buxom young lasses catered to my every desire.

I HATE missing Hab games. Maybe it's because I'm cheap and cant stand the thought of having paid for RDS, then not being able to avail it of its services for the night. But at least missing last night's game was for a good cause, considering that I spent the evening helping to raise money for a Christmas charity.

And apparently, I wasn't the only one in a charitable mood last night. The Devils gave to the Habs until it hurt, to the tune of two goals before the game was two minutes old. I guess that $100 million doesn't buy what it used to. When was the last time that you saw a goalie pulled from a game before they were done singing the national anthems?

The Habs scored their 5th and final goal ten minutes into the third, then pretty much coasted for the rest of the game, only giving up one goal while distributing ice time and basically trying not to get anyone hurt. That still didn't keep Hal Gill from taking a shot off the melon in the last minute of the game, but all indications were that he was able to shake it off after he made his way to the bench.

And speaking of benches (today, I am the King of Segues) I wonder how comfortable PK Subban was while sitting on one watching last night's game from the press box. Some were surprised to see their top defensive prospect sit, but hey, the Habs were playing an undermanned Devils team, so it was the perfect opportunity to send a message to PK that he's got to be a little more judicious with his playmaking, especially with the game on the line as it was with the Oilers.

Next for the Habs, it's a rare Saturday matinee at the Bell Centre as they entertain the always-dangerous San Jose Sharks. And great, I'll be working and have to miss that game, too. 

My only prediction for the game: no Sharks teammates will accept a ride to the rink from Dany Heatley.
.
.
.   

No comments: