Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm a guy, but I'm not stupid

Not me (for tonight, anyway)

I might not be the brightest guy on the block, but I've never been caught standing next to someone with one of those "I'm with stupid" t-shirts, either.

Let's just say that life experience has taught me when to pick my spots, and tonight is one of those times.

My much better half has been out of town for a few days attending a series of conferences in Calgary, and for some ridiculous reason she booked her return flight to land smack-dab in the middle of the second period of tonight's game against the Islanders. I could say, "Honey, I'll be there to pick you up right after the game... just hang out at the airport bar, slam a couple back, and I'll be there before you know it", but then again I'm not stupid enough to tease wild bison like the idiot in the photo above.

Besides, she'd probably try to use some sort of logic on me like, "Aren't they playing the Islanders again for their next game? You can pretend that you didn't even miss this game."

Well, not really dear, but I'm early enough in this marriage to know that I had better be waiting at Domestic Arrivals with a hug, kiss, and a medium double cream, triple sugar when she comes through those doors.

Habs, in my absence all I ask is that you don't take any foolish penalties. That Islander powerplay has been pretty good.
.
.
.

No comments: